miércoles, 5 de junio de 2013

V is for Valerie

Hello girls! Wednesday once again so it's challenge time! This week: letter V, for Valerie by Zoya, an untried. I gotta say as lovely as this shade is, it was also a bit disappointing. This one was on my wish list for a long time and when I saw the bottle I was like 'ohh yeah...georgeousness!!!' ...But, not so much on the nails. First of all it looks a lot darker and the golden glass fleck effect is not very visible at all. I think it's a burgundy that looks more like a dark red on the bottle, and it looks a lot more purple on the nails. Am I crazy?
 
Hola chicas! Es miércoles otra vez y eso significa día de reto! Hoy toca la V de Valerie de Zoya. Es la primera vez que uso este esmalte que desee por tanto tiempo y lamento decir que me decepcionó un poco. Al ver la botella es casi imposible no quedar boquiabierto ante semejante belleza, pero en la uñas el dorado casi no se ve. Diría que es un color vino, que en la botella tiende a lucir más rojo y en la uña luce más morado.  ¿O será que no veo bien?
 

Anyways, the formula is Zoya perfection, not too thin, not too thick, just perfect! It applied evenly in two coats and it's opaque enough to be a one coater. It's not as glossy, so it looks better with topcoat on. I'd also recommend to wrap your tips when wearing this one because otherwise it shows wear in a matter of hours. I stared at my nails looking for the gold speckles but they were nowhere to be found outside of the bottle.

La formula es la clásica perfección de Zoya. Ni muy delgada, ni muy espesa y es lo suficientemente opaca como para aplicarse en una capa, aunque yo aplique dos. El acabado no es del todo brilloso así que le cae muy bien una capa de top coat. También recomendaría que pintaran bien las puntas al final porque tienden a desgastarse en cuestión de horas.
Busqué y busqué los reflejos dorados en distintos ángulos e iluminaciones pero nunca aparecieron :(

 
 Here's a blurry pic so you can see the pretty shimmers under the sun.
Aquí les muestro una foto borrosa para que vean los lindos brillitos bajo el sol.

 
This is how it looks most of the time:
Así se ve casi todo el tiempo:


 
Valerie in the bottle is breathtaking, no doubt!
Valerie dentro de la botella es divino. De eso no hay duda!
 
 
 
Don't forget to check out these blogs!
No olvides checar estos blogs!
 
 
Marii
xoxo

12 comentarios:

  1. It's too bad more of that gold didn't come thru on the nail, but it's a lovely polish anyway. That sparkle is pretty!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I see the gold peeking out a little bit in a couple photos, but wow, it is nothing like the bottle. It's still a gorgeous color, and it looks good on you.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I need to try out more Zoya! This one is so pretty! Looks great!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Gorgeous color, it's a shame that most of the gold stays in the bottle.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Ouch, this is disheartening to read! I also own it but it's still sitting there untried. I hope I will like it once I wear it!

    ResponderEliminar
  6. It's a very pretty colour but I agree, it looks more amazing in the bottle! Shame =(

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Qué lástima que no se vean los destellos dorados! Aún así, y entendiendo que el color te haya decepcionado, es un color precioso! No lo conocía, y me alegro de haberlo visto puesto!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I hate it when that happens, but it still looks stunning on you its just a shame the gold preferred to stay in the bottle

    ResponderEliminar
  9. No you are not crazy, that has happen to me lots of times. I see something in a bottle that is just gorgeous, then it doesn't translate to the nails.. or I lost the mood for it. Something. Maybe it will feel fresh again around Christmas time?

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hey, darlin'! I agree. It's one of those polishes you just can't get out of the bottle. 'Tis mighty pretty, but it's not what's advertised.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. It looks so amazing in the bottle :O Too bad it doesn't look like that on the nails :/

    ResponderEliminar

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by! :) I love to read your comments! Be assured that I read them all!!

Hola! Muchas gracias por pasar por aquí! :) Me encanta leer tus comentarios! Y créeme que los leo todos!!