jueves, 18 de abril de 2013

N is for NYX & O is for OPI


Well hello nailistas!!!! This is a double themed post but it wasn't meant to be so, but when I found the convenience in it (that I could catch up with the ABC challenge at last!) I said well whatever! I feel a little like I'm cheating tho... D:.

I really loved this manicure and it's funny cause I was so reluctant to wear the "textured" polishes...These babies have been sitting in my stash for 3 to 4 months!!! I just couldn't wrap my head around not wearing a topcoat. I love topcoat. I think it smooths out any little application mistakes and definitely makes a mani last longer. But so far my mani has survived -almost- intact. Just some tip wear on index and middle finger on my right hand, the rest are OK.
Another fear I had was that they might feel too rough, but to my surprise they're incredibly smooth.
 

For this mani, I did different designs on my left and right hand and I really liked both. I can't choose a favorite.  I started with my beloved basecoat Nail Envy by OPI which continues to amaze me by how strong it's made my nails. Then I applied one-two coats (depending if I messed up or not) of No Place Like Chrome by Essie. When that was totally dry I cut pieces of scotch tape to help me get straight lines to form the triangles in the middle. And the edges whether up or down, right or left, I did by hand with the polish brush, so I had to clean up more tan usual.
It took some time, but I'm so enjoying wearing this mani!

The textured polishes I used are:

NYX- Zoya Pixie Dust
Can't Let Go- OPI Liquid Sand
Get Your Number- OPI Liquid Sand

I can't wait to visit my co-challengers blogs and see what they came up with! :) links are at the bottom!



ESPAÑOL:

Hola chicas y bienvenidas a este post con doble reto! Como ya sabrán ando un poco atrasada y sin querer aquí maté dos pájaros de un tiro. Sabía que iba a usar NYX de Zoya para la "N", pero después se me ocurrió combinarlo con Can't Let Go (el morado) de OPI y pues ya cuando lo estaba sacando vi Get Your Number (azul) y se me ocurrió esto!
 
Comenzé con mi basecoat preferido Nail Envy de OPI que continúa sorprendiéndome de como ha fortalecido mis uñas!. Y ahí les va un tip: en México para conseguir OPI debes ir a las estéticas, atenerte a lo que haya y ser víctima del precio que se les ocurra ponerles, en mi caso he comprado por muy baratos $170 y lo más caro $240 por botella!!...hasta que descubrí esta belleza: Beauty Corner!!! Esta tienda al fin nos ofrece todos los esmaltes de OPI a un buen precio y lo mejor de todo: te envían a toda la república!!! Yo les recomiendo que pidan varios para que el precio del envío no les impacte mucho. Ahora sí no hay pretexto para no tener los tonos más lindos y nuevos!.
 
Y bueno, después continué con No Place Like Chrome de Essie (plateado) aplique de una a dos capas dependiendo si me había quedado horrible la primera o no. Este es un esmalte difícil de aplicar!
Ya que secó, me ayudé de cinta mágica para formar los triángulos centrales y los bordes los hice a mano así que ya se imaginarán como quedaron mis cutículas! Tuve que limpiar más de lo normal.
 
Me encantó como quedo! Hice diferentes diseños en la mano derecha e izquierda y en verdad que no puedo escoger cuál mano me gustó más. Como habrán notado usé varios esmaltes con textura, ya sea que los llamen "Liquid Sand" (Arena Liquida) como OPI o "Pixie Dust" (Polvo de Hada) de Zoya yo estaba algo renuente a usarlos. En primera no podía hacerme a la idea de no usar topcoat. Amo el topcoat. Siento que ayuda mucho a que los errores de aplicación sean menos notorios y DEFINITIVAMENTE hace que el manicure dure más. Otra preocupación que tenía era que se sintieran demasiado rugosos, lo cual no pasó. Son bastante suaves y no dan ninguna sensación diferente a cuando usas un esmalte normal.




Tenía tanto miedo de que no me gustaran, que solo compré la versión "mini"!

 
Por hoy las dejo no se pierdan los demás looks que hicieron mis compañeras en el reto!
 

30 comentarios:

  1. Ooooh this is really pretty, I really like the effect!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I'm a sucker for geometric designs - this looks awesome!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Wow, this is sooo cool!! I thought you put regular glitter on top!!
    I just wrote a new post! Would love to know what you think:D!

    xx

    ResponderEliminar
  4. This is a super pretty & interesting look! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  5. I don't know how I feel about textured polish, I love the bright milani ones though! I love how you mixed the smooth and textured! Great job ;)

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Me gusta mucho se Mira bien bonito

    ResponderEliminar
  7. I feel the same way about my top coat and any polishes that don't require it always make me wary. But I do like the way the texture looks...Love your patterns here!

    ResponderEliminar
  8. I love how the pattern alternates! What an awesome design and overall a super gorgeous mani!!! I haven't picked up any of these sand polishes but maybe I will now!

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Oh Mari this is so pretty! I love using striping tape for nice easy manis! But I would have never had the textured polishes idea! That's so amazing!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks Simona! I figured the striping tape on top of the textured polishes would look bumpy so that's how this idea came up ;)

      Eliminar
  10. Esta manicura es preciosa, la verdad! ^^ Yo también pensaba que no me gustarían los pintauñas con textura, y mira... me encantan! :D

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Oh my Go you had an amazing idea!!! This manicure is super cute and flawless. Love the color combo too - I've a weakness for textured polishes! :)

    ResponderEliminar
  12. I am so in love with the textured trend! I do prefer the Zoya over OPI, they just seem to be a bit smoother and more sparkly to me. I really like how you have kind of an Ombre effect going on too!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hi Gini! Yes you're right the Zoyas feel better and are easier to apply. The purple OPI was ok but the blue one is more of a jelly, so it required a few coats.

      Eliminar
  13. I am desperately in love with this!!!!! So beautiful!!! Love the designs and No Place Like Chrome as the base. Just perfect!!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Beautiful manicure! I didn't think I'd like the liquid sand/pixie dust type of finish. But then I bought the brown liquid sand one from the Oz collection and I was in love LOL Now I gotta get more asap!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Ria! I guess most of us shared that feeling and look at us now! Drooling over textured polishes! Lol!

      Eliminar
  15. Respuestas
    1. Thanks Karen! Every once in a while I surprise myself..lol :)

      Eliminar
  16. Very pretty! Love the textured effect.

    ResponderEliminar
  17. OMG I just cant look at all these ABC Challenge posts anymore. I'm getting more greedy by the minute! Your mani makes me want to have Nyx in my life so badly. Your nails really look amazing, don't you just love the new textured polishes? :)

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Marii...

    My dear...

    My darling...

    These are crazy gorgeous. OMG. I think I now adore textured polish. Wow. Had no clue that this sandy finish could look so amazing.

    You get the prize for Best Textured Mani. Ever.

    Wow.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Aww!! Thank you Lisa! I'm so happy that you liked this :D

      Eliminar

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by! :) I love to read your comments! Be assured that I read them all!!

Hola! Muchas gracias por pasar por aquí! :) Me encanta leer tus comentarios! Y créeme que los leo todos!!